Going Private-ish
I know it's been forever since I last posted, but after months of meaning to we have finally decided to go private-ish. I say "ish" because we are doing a modified version of private. I am a big fan of RSS feeds and especially GOOGLE READER and my biggest complaint about private blogs is that they won't work with them. I never know when private blogs have a new post and then when I remember to go check them, there are a zillion things to catch up on. And I don't want you to forget about us. :o)
I've seen this "ish" way of going private done a few times and I really like it, SO....
We are keeping this specific blog public and I will post on here when there is something new posted on our private blog. And it will probably have a link to the private blog...SO if you're already invited (and signed in under that account) then you can just click the link and go straight to the whole post. Voila! Very simple. That way you can still use your rss feed list or your google reader list, just how it is right now. All you have to do is click a little link! (Or you can just go straight to the private blog if you don't use rss feeds or google reader.)
I'm sure it's not a perfect system, but it seems to be the closest to the best of both worlds that we can find. I just want to be as safe as possible and know who is having access to our family's info and pictures, etc... It's for that exact reason that I haven't posted pictures of our new house yet. Call it paranoid or crazy or whatever, but I'll just feel better knowing that I have closer tabs on it all.
SO - leave a comment with your email address if you want to be invited to the private blog OR just email me directly. Don't be shy if you are the friendly type of blog stalker - as my friend Ashley says, "we all do it". :o) So true. So you're totally welcome to come, as long as I know who you are. (**UPDATE: I cannot hide comments without taking away the ability to even leave a comment...sorry! I will delete it after it's been left if you want - just let me know!)
Thanks for your patience as we try out this new way of blogging!!! We hope to still see you around. :o)
Posted by Tiffany at 11:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

14 Comments:
great idea! me, please!
lisa.bellisario@gmail.com
I need an invite!
wesmith33@yahoo.com
I have been trying to decide too! I want to see your blog!
kellimnicholls@hotmail.com
lacistotts@gmail.com
(I just commented the same email on your last post, sorry!)
:o)
Can I get an invite?
marybaldwin7@gmail.com
Me too!
aleishafuhriman@hotmail.com
I would love an invite :)
lporter05@gmail.com
Um I'd better get an invite at my gmail account
Sister Wilhelm i miss you soo much please invite me so i can stay updated!!!
kristen vellinga:)
rissalaroo@gmail.com
I would love to still see you cute blog with all your good ideas
kristynsteele@yahoo.com
Count us in please. It is always fun to see how you guys are doing.
Jen and Adam Haley ajhaley805@yahoo.com
morgansquire00@gmail.com
missyeschler@gmail.com
Hey Tiffany! We would love to be able to keep up-to-date with your family!
denette.buhler@gmail.com
Also, before you went private, I saw a post you did on some of your graphic designs for a friend (they were fabulous by the way!), and I was wondering what you charge for your services (wow that sounds weird!)? I am opening an Etsy shop and I need a web banner and some business cards. If you are still doing this kind of work and would be interested in a new customer, I would love to talk with you about it (well even if you are not interested I would still love to talk to you anyway)! If you could send me an email at the above address that would be great! Thanks so much!!
((hugs)) Denette
Post a Comment